Immune Health Tips
Boost your immune system, naturally
Wondering how to boost your overall immune system health? Like our overall bodies, our immune system efficiency varies throughout the year and as a result of aging. A variety of factors such as lifestyle choices like nutrition and exercise, everyday stress, environmental pollutants, and more can impact immune system health.
To stay healthy and help boost immunity, your immune system needs a variety of vitamins and nutrients from eating a healthy, well-rounded diet of vegetables, fruits, etc. When you know your diet is lacking, look to supplements to help boost your nutrition.
Immune health basics
These popular vitamins and nutrients can help enhance your immune defenses no matter what age or stage of life.
- Vitamin C is also known as ascorbate and ascorbic acid and is a water-soluble vitamin that’s absolutely essential for survival. A well-known antioxidant nutrient, vitamin C supports the immune system and is involved in tissue growth and repair due to its role in the formation of collagen, the body’s main structural protein.
- Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that supports healthy immune system function and enhances intestinal absorption and metabolism of the dietary minerals calcium, magnesium, phosphate, and zinc (playing a crucial role in skeletal health). Maintaining an adequate level of vitamin D is essential for achieving and maintaining optimal bone mineral density.
- Colostrum (Powder, 500 mg Veg Capsules, Super Colostrum 500 mg Veg Capsules) is a bovine-derived food supplement that possesses numerous biologically active proteins, including immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, and other factors that support the maintenance of lean muscle tissue, as well as a healthy immune system.
Seasonal immune health supplements
These specialty formulas and nutrients can help support your immune system during seasonal transitions.
- ElderMune™ is our latest take on an elderberry supplement for an immune system boost that includes an organic 65:1 Sambucus nigra juice concentrate — with prebiotic fiber and vitamin C added for an extra punch. The unique process used to create this juice concentrate helps to preserve the bioactive polyphenols and anthocyanins native to elderberry. Prebiotic fiber is also included to replace fiber lost during the juicing process.
- Elderberry (Sambucus nigra) is a multipurpose fruit used by herbalists for centuries as a tonic to maintain health and well-being. Elderberry (Liquid, & Zinc Lozenges, Effer C™ Packets, 500 mg Veg Capsules) is also recognized for its high nutritive value, especially for its potent free radical scavenging vitamins and anthocyanins.
- AlliBiotic CF™ is an herbal combination formulated for the support of a healthy immune system.* This botanical formula includes garlic extract, which has been used for centuries to promote overall wellness, elderberry, olive leaf extract, and oregano oil. ImmunEnhancer™, a non-digestible soluble fiber from larch, is included as a prebiotic supplement for the support of healthy intestinal flora, a key component of normal immune function.
- Quercetin with Bromelain is formulated to support healthy seasonal immune function for an overall balanced immune system. This complementary combination may promote year-round respiratory health and support overall seasonal comfort.
The NOW® Difference
Healthy immune function is such an important aspect of overall health, which is why we offer a great selection of immune-supporting products in a variety of forms and potencies. We leverage our long-standing relations with the world’s best natural ingredient suppliers to obtain the highest quality raw materials for our immune health products.