More About Cardiovascular Support
On the to-do list for good health, maintaining normal cardiovascular function is pretty high up there.
The cardiovascular system, also known as your circulatory system, delivers blood throughout the body, bringing oxygen and important nutrients to cells and tissues, as well as removing carbon dioxide and other waste materials for eventual elimination. The health of many body systems directly depends on a healthy cardiovascular system doing its job day in and day out.
Regular exercise and healthy eating are by far the best ways to keep your heart and cardiovascular system in good working order, but sometimes even a healthy diet can lack some of the nutrients you need to keep them healthy and strong.
In addition, some of us may be genetically predisposed to certain conditions, such as high cholesterol, making these nutrients even more important for maintaining normal function, as well as helping to maintain already healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
Nutrition for Cardiovascular Health
At NOW® we understand the importance of maintaining good cardiovascular health. We’ve taken the best nutrients for heart health and combined them to create a line of supplements that provides comprehensive support for all aspects of cardiovascular health, including cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Beta-Sitosterol – Maintaining normal serum cholesterol levels is a great way to promote heart health, so keeping a healthy balance is a good goal. Our Beta-Sitosterol Plant Sterols can help. Comprised of three different natural compounds that are structurally similar to cholesterol, Beta-Sitosterol Plant Sterols compete with cholesterol for absorption in the digestive tract, limiting the amount of cholesterol that’s absorbed from the diet.
- Hawthorn Extract – The Hawthorn (300 mg Veg Capsules, 600 mg Veg Capsules) plant has been revered by generations of herbalists for its constituent phytonutrients, which include vitexin and other natural compounds. Hawthorn is well regarded for its ability to support cardiovascular health by supporting healthy cardiac muscle tone and vascular integrity. It can also help to support normal blood flow and healthy blood pressure already within the normal range.
- Cholesterol Pro™ – Cholesterol Pro™ is a proprietary combination of two trademarked ingredients has earned a reputation for promoting healthy cholesterol levels already within the normal range. Bergamonte™ is a standardized extract of bergamot, a little-known citrus fruit that’s loaded with healthy phytonutrients. CardioAid® is a combination of plant sterols that’s been shown to be effective in supporting cholesterol levels already in the normal range (see Beta-Sitosterol above).
- Blood Pressure Health – Blood pressure is an important element in keeping your heart hearty. This supplement combines two botanicals widely known to support healthy cardiovascular function. MegaNatural®-BP™, a patented and clinically tested grape seed extract standardized for polyphenols, has flavonoids that can support healthy arterial function and may help maintain blood pressure already within the healthy range. Blood Pressure Health Veg Capsules also include a standardized hawthorn extract for free radical protection and cardiovascular support.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) – CoQ10 is found throughout the body, especially concentrated in the heart, liver, and kidneys. Production of CoQ10, which plays a central role in cellular energy production, has been found to decline with age, making supplementation important for some. Years of scientific research have shown that CoQ10 helps to maintain a healthy heart and vascular system. NOW offers CoQ10 in 100 mg Softgels to support cardiovascular health.
- Krill & CoQ10 – NOW® Krill & CoQ10 Softgels combine two of the most prominent and effective nutrients for cardiovascular health in one convenient supplement. CoQ10 is a vitamin-like compound that’s clinically demonstrated its ability to support heart health through its effects on cellular energy production. Krill oil has naturally occurring omega-3 essential fatty acids, which are well-known for their vital role in cardiovascular health. Together, these two nutrients form a powerful combination supplement for the support of normal, healthy, cardiovascular functions.
- Red Yeast Rice – A natural product used by Asian traditional herbalists for centuries, red yeast rice is produced by fermenting red yeast (Monascus purpureus) with rice. NOW Red Yeast Rice 600 mg with CoQ10 30 mg Veg Capsules includes CoQ10 for its cardiovascular supporting properties, alpha lipoic acid for free radical protection, and silymarin/milk thistle to support healthy liver function.
The NOW® Difference
At NOW we’ve been empowering people to lead healthier lives since 1968, and we’ve learned a thing or two about natural product quality. Just like all NOW products, our cardiovascular support supplements are produced with our industry-leading attention to quality and safety, so you’ll never miss a beat when it comes to heart health.
Maintaining good cardiovascular health these days doesn’t have to be a challenge. With a healthy diet, regular exercise, and premium quality heart health supplements from NOW you can do it!