When it comes to natural nutrition, green foods are king, offering a plethora of health benefits. Green superfoods are a major staple of our daily diets and one of our best sources of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
Not only are green foods super powerhouses of nutrition, they also help to alkalize the body and can help support a healthy body pH, a concern for many due to the high acidity of many popular foods and beverages.
While it is ideal to consume three to five servings of vegetables a day, the fact is that most of us don’t even come close. This is where supergreens like liquid chlorophyll and spirulina powder supplements can help boost your nutritional intake.
Powerhouses of nutrition
While there’s no substitute for whole foods as part of a healthy meal plan, eating greens isn’t always feasible due to seasonality and locale. Green food supplements can help you get the nutrients you may be missing when you need an extra boost.
- Alfalfa (Tablets) is a super green that’s abundant in vitamins, minerals, and chlorophyll. It naturally has balanced nutritional content and naturally occurring vitamin K. It’s been consumed since ancient times and has been used by herbalists world-wide for centuries. The name “Alfalfa” is Arabic in origin and means “Father of All Foods”.
- Chlorella (Organic Powder, Organic Tablets, Tablets) is a single-celled microalgae that has naturally occurring chlorophyll, plus beta-carotene, mixed carotenoids, vitamin C, iron and protein. Because chlorella, in its natural form, cannot be easily broken down by our body due to its tough cell wall, the cell wall in our high-quality chlorella supplement has been broken down mechanically to aid digestibility.
- Chlorophyll (Liquid, Capsules) is a green pigment naturally produced by plants and algae and gives them their characteristic green color. Chlorophyll is critical for photosynthesis, the process by which sunlight is converted into chemical energy. Chlorophyll can function as a free radical neutralizer, may help to support the body’s detoxification processes and has been traditionally used as an internal deodorizer. This water-soluble extract is in the form of sodium copper chlorophyllin.
- Kelp, a member of the brown algae family, is a large, leafy seaweed that grows in dense forests in the colder waters of the world’s oceans. Kelp (Powder, Tablets, Veg Capsules) has been used for centuries as an important nutritious staple ingredient in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cuisines. It has naturally occurring iodine, which has been shown to be essential for healthy thyroid function.
- Spirulina (Organic Powder and Veg Capsules) is a type of blue-green algae that abounds in beta-carotene (vitamin A) and vitamin B-12, and has naturally occurring protein and gamma linolenic acid (GLA), a popular fatty acid with numerous health benefits. In addition, Spirulina has naturally occurring minerals, trace elements, cell salts, amino acids and enzymes.
In addition to single green food supplements, we also offer several combination products including EcoGreen Multi Vitamin Veg Capsules.
Ensuring the quality of supergreen supplements
NOW is committed to empowering healthier lives by offering quality supergreen supplements that help close nutritional gaps for optimal health. We take the necessary steps to ensure quality and efficacy, such as breaking the cell wall of chlorella to aid digestibility. This adds extra manufacturing time and additional costs, but without this crucial step the nutritional benefits of chlorella can’t be fully enjoyed.
All NOW supergreen supplements are manufactured with our industry-leading commitment to quality.