Winter Squash & Quinoa Rissoles
Rissoles are small croquettes or fritters that are amazingly versatile. As such you’ll find a ton of recipes with a variety of different ingredients online. This delicious vegetarian recipe from Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes utilizes tri-color quinoa, honey-roasted pecans, kale and acorn squash and includes a yummy maple aioli as the finishing touch.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Toss squash in olive oil and arrange in an even layer on a sheet pan.
- Roast squash 10-15 minutes, until tender, and set aside.
- Rinse quinoa under cold water, bring water to a boil and cook quinoa for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Pulse pecans, kale, and red pepper flakes in food processor, add cooked squash and pulse a few times until squash begins to combine with kale and pecans. Add quinoa and salt, process for about 30 seconds until a mixture begins to form.
- Add gluten-free flour and continue to mix until fully incorporated.
- Allow mixture to slightly cool, enough to comfortably handle. If making in advance mixture can be refrigerated at this point until ready to use.
- Form mixture into ¼ cup patties and set aside.
- Place sauté pan on medium low heat. Lightly coat with coconut oil and sauté each side of the patties until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with maple aioli.
- In a small bowl, combine vegan mayo and maple syrup.
- Mix until syrup is fully incorporated.
- Serve and enjoy!