The Ultimate Fiber Holiday Stuffing
Take your family’s traditional stuffing in an exciting new direction with this unique take on a holiday classic. Flax seed meal and hemp seed hearts bring added fiber (studies indicate many Americans don’t get enough fiber on a daily basis) and a flavorful twist that pairs perfectly with poultry.
- In stock pot, place 3 cups of vegetable stock with 1 sprig of rosemary on medium low heat.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a baking sheet, combine multigrain bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and 4 ablespoons flax meal.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, place 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- On medium heat, sauté onion, garlic, celery, and carrots.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sea salt and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add organic hemp seed hearts and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add toasted bread to vegetable mixture and add warm vegetable stock.
- Combine until the bread mixture becomes moist.
- Place the stuffing mixture in an 8 x 8 pan.
- Place in oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 350° F.
- Serve warm and enjoy!