Savory Shitake Amaranth Grain
This delicious, earthy side dish was made for the holidays but can be enjoyed any time. Your guests (and family!) will take great delight from this palate-pleasing combination of savory Shiitake mushrooms and amaranth, an ancient grain that’s loaded with natural nutrients.
- In a stock pot, combine vegetable stock, amaranth grain, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and 1 sprig of rosemary
- Allow for the mixture to come up to a boil, then cover and place on low heat for 15 minutes.
- In a separate sauté pan, melt coconut oil.
- Add chopped onions, Shitake mushrooms, and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Sauté until the chopped onions have a golden brown color.
- Uncover the amaranth grain and fluff with fork.
- Combine with Shitake mushrooms, onions, chopped parsley, and noni juice.
- Serve warm and enjoy!