Roasted Acorn Squash with Toasted Quinoa
Tasty and filling, this recipe is a symphony of flavors you’ll savor from start to finish. Pureed acorn squash pairs perfectly with cooked organic quinoa and other natural ingredients to create a hearty dish you and your family will fall in love with. Crispy, sautéed coconut on top completes it.
- In a roasting pan place acorn squash, apple cider water, and Sucanat®.
- Place in oven at 350° F for 25 minutes.
- In a stock pot on medium heat place 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Add onions and 1 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add quinoa and toast for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, and chopped oregano.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Place on low heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan under medium-high heat place shredded coconut.
- Continually toss until the coconut is golden brown.
- Take acorn squash out of oven and immediately place in food processor with reserved liquid from pan.
- Pulse until uniform mixture is formed.
- Combine squash puree with quinoa and top with toasted coconut.
- Serve warm and enjoy!