Quinoa-Filled Stuffed Pepper Trio
For tonight’s recipe we’re taking green, red and yellow bell peppers and stuffing them with quinoa, an ancient grain that’s loaded with protein and other healthy nutrients. Include your choice of meat, or keep it vegetarian. Either way, this is one tasty trio you’re sure to enjoy.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and scoop out the seeds.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, mushrooms, and onions with ½ teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Cook for 4 minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add ¼ cup of water and cook on medium heat until the liquid has evaporated.
- In a separate medium sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add ground meat, ½ teaspoon of soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon black pepper and sauté for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Combine the meat mixture with the vegetable mixture and quinoa.
- Fill peppers with combined meat mixture.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of shredded Swiss cheese per pepper.
- Bake at 375° F for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!