Gluten-Free Holiday Fruitcake
Poor fruitcake. In America it’s gotten such a bad rap over the years, thanks primarily to mass-produced fruitcakes that tend to linger for many holidays, until no one remembers their age. NOW is giving the fruitcake its just deserves with this Gluten-Free Holiday Fruitcake recipe. After you’ve tried this fresh fruitcake made with apricots, mango and papaya, you’ll never view fruitcake the same again.
- Preheat oven to 325° F and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Steep teabag in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Place Organic Beet Sugar, apricots, mango, and papaya in a large bowl. Pour in cranberry juice and hot tea. Set aside until cooled to room temperature.
- Sift together baking mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- Stir coconut oil and egg into fruit mixture. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and stir batter until just moistened.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 slice (91 g or 1/10 of the loaf)