Gluten Free Forager Pizza
Avoiding your favorite foods in the name of good health isn’t easy, especially when it comes to pizza. But with some easy and healthy swaps our chefs have created an easy-to-make, allergy-friendly pizza that really brings the flavor with three different types of mushrooms, onion, white pepper, and more!
- Béchamel (white sauce):
- Heat canola oil in heavy saucepot over medium heat.
- Add the gluten free flour and stir until the mixture turns light brown.
- Using a whisk, combine with 2 cups of rice milk and allow for sauce to reach a soft boil.
- Add vegetable stock, salt, & white pepper.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes and occasionally whisk.
- Place sauce over pizza dough and continue to cook in the oven.
Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms Topping:
- Place organic olive oil in a pan over medium low heat.
- Add onion, reduce heat to low, and cook slowly until very soft and brown in color, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove onion from pan, and increase heat to medium.
- Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, until soft.
- Remove mushrooms from pan and combine with onion.
- Spread on pizza, over sauce, before returning to the oven.
Serving Size: 409 g