Falafel is a traditional Middle Eastern cuisine made from ground chickpeas that are typically formed into a ball or patty and then deep-fried. Falafel is a common street food in many Middle Eastern countries, and its taste and texture have made it a popular meat alternative with both vegetarians and vegans. Our gluten-free version utilizes the same ingredients as traditional falafel, with the addition of Gluten-Free Flour.
- Place all ingredients into food processor.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line sheet pan with parchment paper
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls until 24 balls are created.
- Place sesame oil in pan on medium heat.
- Place falafel in pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place falafels on a sheet pan and in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Place falafel in halved pita bread with toppings such as tomatoes, onion, or peppers and enjoy!
Serving Size: 4 Falafels