Gluten-Free Eggless Chicken “Nutty” Nuggets
We’re ditching the eggs and the gluten for this healthier take on what has become an American classic, the chicken nugget. You’ll still get the crispy, crunchy outer layer thanks to a combination of organic flaxseed meal and finely chopped organic almonds. You’ll never eat fast-food nuggets again!
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make three-step breading system in three large bowls.
a. In bowl 1, combine gluten-free flour and 1 teaspoon each of salt, garlic and onion powders.
b. In bowl 2, combine flax seed meal, water, and Ellyndale Coconut Oil; mix until it has an egg-like consistency.
c. In bowl 3, combine chopped almonds, garlic, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Place 1-inch chicken nugget in bowl 1 until fully coated, drench in bowl 2, and dust the chicken tender with the chopped almonds in bowl 3.
- Place on prepared sheet pan and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!