Gluten Free Beef Stroganoff
We’ve taken classic beef stroganoff and given it a modern, gluten-free twist with this wholesome and healthy recipe that incorporates gluten-free ingredients alongside essentials such as top sirloin beef and baby bella mushrooms. We make it extra creamy and smooth with the addition of coconut milk, and give it a little extra tanginess with our BetterStevia® Lemon Twist Liquid.
- Place water and 1 teaspoon of salt in a large pot on high heat; bring to a boil.
- Add elbow pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- Strain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ¼ cup gluten-free flour, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Toss sliced beef in flour mixture until lightly coated.
- Place rice bran oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- In batches, sear beef strips on both sides 2 to3 minutes, until caramelized. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add coconut oil.
- Add shallots, mushrooms, 1 teaspoon salt, & ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Sauté for 8 to10 minutes or until shallots are translucent.
- Add 2 teaspoons of gluten-free flour into the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, beef stock, tarragon, nutmeg and Lemon Twist BetterStevia®.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into the pan with the mushroom mixture and bring to a boil; stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Return beef to the pan, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cooked elbow pasta and mix until fully incorporated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serving Size: 3/4 cup