Gluten Free Baked Mac & Cheese
Gluten-sensitive children and adults will rejoice once they realize this super-tasty version of beloved mac & cheese is actually gluten free. Ours puts other gluten-free mac & cheeses to shame with a mouth-watering combination of Gouda, Romano, Pepper Jack and Sharp Cheddar cheeses and our organic, gluten-free Quinoa Macaroni Pasta.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large pot, bring 1 quart water to a rolling boil. Add gluten-free pasta and boil 10-12 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large saucepan on medium low, heat rice bran oil.
- Stir gluten free flour into rice bran oil to form paste and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until completely melted.
- Strain pasta and place in a large bowl. Pour in cheese sauce and toss until fully combined and noodles are completely coated.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle gluten-free bread crumbs in an even layer over mac & cheese.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 30 minutes, until just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Serving Size: 3/4 cup