Glazed Red Quinoa with Root Vegetables
This recipe is a simple and hearty combination of organic red quinoa and root vegetables, including chopped carrot, parsnip, celery root and turnip, with a delicious glaze made from vegetable stock, coconut sugar, coconut oil, bay leaf and nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, combine vegetable stock, quinoa, coconut sugar, coconut oil, bay leaf, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 25 minutes, until all the stock has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, combine carrots, parsnips, turnip, and celery root with sunflower oil and remaining salt and pepper until coated.
- Place vegetables on the lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf from the quinoa, and toss in roasted vegetables.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Serving Size: 3/4 cup