Chewy Coconut Granola Bars
Perfect for breakfast on-the-go or a quick snack, these moist and chewy granola bars can be customized with any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
- In a large sauté pan on high heat, toast rolled oats.
- After 2 minutes, add coconut flakes and in a continuous motion toast the rolled oats and coconut flakes.
- Toast until light golden brown.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooled toasted oats and coconut, dried apricots, walnuts and oat flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together applesauce, agave nectar, and vanilla extract until evenly blended.
- Stir applesauce mixture into oat mixture until combined.
- Spread mixture in the prepared baking pan, pressing down until the mixture is compact.
- Bake 30 minutes at 325° F or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into small rectangular bars.
- Store the bars in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Serving Size: 1 Bar (73 g)