Mousse is the French word for foam, which suitably describes this beloved food used in desserts and savory dishes alike. Our sweet and fluffy cacao mousse is a natural take on chocolate mousse that gives you that rich chocolate taste without the extra sugar. Vanilla and cinnamon seal the deal!
- In a pot, combine heavy cream, organic cacao nibs, and 2 tablespoons organic turbinado sugar and place over medium low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and strain organic cacao nibs out of cream and set aside. Place cream in the refrigerator for no less than 30 minutes, until completely cooled.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, organic vanilla extract, and remaining 1 tablespoon organic turbinado sugar.
- Place egg mixture over a double boiler, and continue to whisk until thick and foamy, 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a blender, combine egg foam with reserved organic cacao nibs, salt, and cinnamon.
- Process until organic cacao nibs have broken up, and thick liquid has formed.
- Remove chilled cacao infused cream from refrigerator and whisk until firm peaks are formed.
- Fold ⅓ of the cacao whipped cream into cacao egg mixture until no streaks remain.
- Fold in remaining cacao whipped cream.
- Pour into desired dishes and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup